Loading...

Celebrities react to Oscar nominations: Brie Larson exclaims 'holy sh**' while Jennifer Lawrence says she's 'humbled'

Brie Larson was shocked upon seeing her name listed among the Best Actress Oscar nominees, which included Jennifer Lawrence and Cate Blanchett.
The 26-year-old, who is nominated for Room, heard the announcement while working on Kong: Skull Island in Australia.
'I thought, "Holy s**t!"' the actress said upon hearing the news.  

Thrilled: Brie Larson was shocked to be nominated for Best Actress, pictured after winning in the same category at Sunday's Golden Globes
'I’m shaking right now. I’m really confused. It's the highest form of flattery in my field,' she told GMA that same morning.
'The nominations mean so much because it comes from your peers, it comes from fellow actors. I was home-schooled and I never really felt like I was part of any group. To be included with people that I respected so much since I was a kid is just absolutely incredible.' 
Brie is up against Cate Blanchett (Carol), Charlotte Rampling (45 Years), Saoirse Ronan (Brooklyn), and Jennifer Lawrence (Joy) for Best Actress. 

Jennifer Lawrence released a statement : 'I am beyond grateful and humbled by this nomination. I feel incredibly honored to be recognized among the other amazing women in this category.' (Pictured at the Golden Globes on Sunday)

Overjoyed: Brie tweeted a snap thanking the cast and crew of Room

Overjoyed: Brie tweeted a snap thanking the cast and crew of Room
Jennifer Lawrence arrives in red gown at the 2016 Golden Globes
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
00:00
Play
Mute
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time0:32
Fullscreen
Need Text
While JLaw, who won Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook in 2013, was a bit more reserved, noting how grateful she was to be named in the Oscars race.
'I am beyond grateful and humbled by this nomination,' she stated. 'I feel incredibly honored to be recognized among the other amazing women in this category.'
'Joy is an incredibly inspiring story about an ordinary woman who does extraordinary things. For me, working with David O. Russell has been nothing short of extraordinary, and I share this nomination with him as well as our incredible supporting cast. I could not be more proud to be a part of this film and thankful to the producers and Fox for their unyielding support.'





Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *